New Labour candidate from the left like in Vauxhall.
Lambeth mayor Ibrahim Dogus and former MP Katy Clark have been shortlisted to replace Kate Hoey as Labour’s candidate for Vauxhall.
The full shortlist icludes:
- Claire Holland — deputy leader of Lambeth council
- Florence Eshalomi — London Assembly member for Lambeth and Southwark
- Stephen Beer — former chair of Vauxhall Constituency Labour Party
- Ibrahim Dogus — Lambeth councillor and mayor
- Katy Clark — former political secretary to Jeremy Corbyn; MP for North Ayshire and Arran, 2005-15
Kate Hoey, the sitting MP for Vauxhall, was unpopular among her local CLP. There were plans under motion to remove her as the parliamentary candidate before she decided to leave.
Kate Hoey has since been seen on the campaign trail with Nigel Farage and other prominent ‘Brexiteers’, and has voted multiple times in parliament for ‘hard-Brexit’ positions.